The Club was formed in the late 1979 by a handful of enthusiasts with these intentions:
a. To provide a friendly basis for Morris Minor owners to meet and enjoy the company and experience of other
Morris Minor owners.
b. To keep as many Morris Minors as possible in running condition and in use by fostering mutual assistance
Between members and by seeking sources of spares – both new and second hand.
The following are the practical outcome of the founders’ initial intentions.
1. Monthly Meetings: These are held on the third Tuesday of every month at the Fox and Hounds, Winchester,
Road, Fairoak, Eastleigh, Southampton, SO50 7HB, starting at 8 p.m. and consist of film
shows, skittle evenings, Minor maintenance tips, talks, slide shows and general socializing
with other Minor owners.
2. Monthly Magazine: This is distributed on Club night. If you are unable to attend, your copy will be posted to
you. The magazine keeps you informed of all Club activities, events, reports, Minors in
the news and cars or spares for sale or wanted.
3. Events: The majority of outside events take place during the summer when the Club organizes
rallies, barbecues, treasure hunts and other weekend get togethers. These are great fun
and often include meetings with other Morris Minor clubs from neighboring counties.
4. Technical Advice: Always available from other members who, while not promising to know all the answers
will always try to help.
5. Club Tool Hire: This service offers you engine hoist, valve lifter, rear hub box spanner, car roller, etc., all
cheaper than commercial tool hire rates.
6. Car Valuation: The committee has valuation forms and will value your car for insurance or selling
purposes. A fee is charged for non-members and reimbursement of any petrol costs to the
committee member would be appreciated.
If you would like to know more about Club activities and services, please contact the Club Secretary.